发布时间:2017-01-15 来源: 感恩亲情 点击：
感恩节wow篇一：208 The One With the List
Christmas Tree 圣诞树
Fred and Anjia are talking about Christmas trees.
Fred: Anja, so what's it like to decorate your Christmas tree in Switzerland? （Anjia，在瑞士是怎么样装饰圣诞树的呢？）
Anja: Ah, Christmas tree! Oh, that's so nice, right? Like, I remember in my family, you know, we have the special, like space in our house just for the Christmas tree, just for Christmas time.
Fred: A special space for the Christmas tree! （一个特别的空间给圣诞树的！）
Anja: Yes, indeed! And I remember I always went with my parents to buy the Christmas tree, maybe, three days before Christmas.
Fred: OK, three days before. （好的，三天前。）
Anja: Yes, and we wouldn't put it actually until Christmas day, like I remember how me and my mother and the rest of my family, we went to church and then we would come back. My father wouldn't go to church and the door would be closed and then we open the door and suddenly there would be the Christmas tree. So actually, you know, like, I never knew that my father actually put the Christmas tree. Of course, it was like some angel or something like that, but actually I never decorated the Christmas tree because an angel was doing that for us... as in my father.
Fred: So when you were a young child, you always thought that some kind of angel would come down to your house and decorate your Christmas tree.
Anja: That's right. During the time I was in church, and did it for us. And it's really pretty, and it has a lot of lights and it's really colorful. You know some people like it one specific color: in red or blue, but our Christmas tree always had a lot of different colors. It's really nice. What about you? How is your Christmas tree like in your family?
Fred: Ah, it's just great. It's a bit different because the whole family would gather and then put up the Christmas tree together.
（噢，也是很棒！不过有一点不一样的是，我们会全家聚集在一起，然后一起装饰圣诞树。） Anja: Oh, really? （真的吗？）
Fred: We would decorate the Christmas tree together.
（是啊，我们会一起装饰圣诞树。）Anja: Yes. （哦。）
Fred: Maybe too or three days before Christmas, we would all go to the store or just use what we already had and then we would all gather together and put up the Christmas tree together listening to Frank Sinatra's best Christmas songs, and actually, the size of the Christmas tree was the most interesting part.
Anja: Oh, is it? Is it really big or...
Fred: It was a really, really big Christmas tree, and my father used to love those big Christmas trees and then it would take so much time to decorate it. Think about a fifteen foot Christmas tree, how much time you have to spend to decorate it.
Anja: Oh, wow that's a tall tree. Fred: Yeah, but it's a lot of fun.
Wish many good wishes for the holidays and the coming year.新的一年，向你献上最诚挚的祝福。
Wishing you all the blessings of a beautiful Christmas season.愿你拥有美丽的圣诞所有的祝福。
May its blessings lead into a wonderful year for you and all whom you hold dear.
Merry Christmas, my best friend.祝我的挚友圣诞快乐。
A Christmas greeting to cheer you, my good friend.
We will be having Christmas at Wang Ping's this year. You are welcome to join us!今年我们要在王平家过圣诞，欢迎你也来!
Take your passion and make it come true.发挥你的热情，让理想变为现实。I hope we can spend the holidays together.希望我们能一起过圣诞节。Best of luck in the year to come.愿你在未来的一年里，吉星高照。Wish all the best wishes for you.献上最美好的祝愿。
To wish you special joy at the holidays and all year.
(3)Thanksgiving Day 感恩节
In the United States, the fourth Thursday in November is called Thanksgiving Day. On that day, Americans give thanks for the blessings they have enjoyed during the year. Thanksgiving Day is usually a family day. People always celebrate with big dinners and happy reunions. Pumpkin pie and Indian pudding are traditional
Thanksgiving desserts. Relatives from other cities, students who have been away at school, and many other Americans travel a long distance to spend the holiday at home.
Thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated in much of North America, generally
observed as an expression of gratitude, usually to God. The most common view of its
origin is that it was to give thanks to God for the bounty of the autumn harvest. In the United States, the holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November. In
Canada, where the harvest generally ends earlier in the year, the holiday is celebrated on the second Monday in October, which is observed as Columbus Day or protested as Indigenous Peoples Day in the United States.
Thanksgiving is traditionally celebrated with a feast shared among friends and family. In the United States, it is an important family holiday, and people often travel
across the country to be with family members for the holiday. The Thanksgiving holiday is generally a "four-day" weekend in the United States, in which Americans are given the relevant Thursday and Friday off. Thanksgiving is almost entirely
celebrated at home, unlike the Fourth of July or Christmas, which are associated with a variety of shared public experiences.
（4）Now let’s talk about one of the most important festivals in China---the Spring Festival
1.When is the Spring Festival?
2.What do we often do during the Spring Festival? How do we celebrate it?
3.How did you spend your last Spring Festival?
感恩节wow篇三：G8 Unit 8 topic 1
G8 Unit 8 Our Clothes
Topic 1 What a nice coat!
1. 3. near (adj.) ---5. north (n.)--- 7. 8.(二) 服装名称 (clothing) 长大衣 女式衬衫coat外套，大衣 dress套裙jacket夹克 shirt衬衣风衣 sweater毛衣raincoat雨衣 制服和服belt腰带tie领带 skirt裙子shorts 短裤 pants裤子 手套 cap 帽子 围巾 shoes鞋子 靴子 短袜 stockings长袜
★SA 1. a Chinese Tang costume 唐装 3. formal days 正式的日子
2. feel soft and smooth 手感柔软光滑 4. Thanksgiving Day 感恩节
3. a 丝质服装 5. 取决于…, 依靠，依赖
4. have a class show举办班级时装表演 6. likes and 好恶
5. the boy with the plastic sunglasses 7. on birthdays 在生日的时候
戴塑料太阳镜的男孩 8. at Christmas 在圣诞节
6. go shopping 去购物 9. in China 中国的北方 7. can’t afford sth. 买不起…… 穿西装，套装
8. reach the apple 够得着/触及得到苹果 11. 除……之外（也）
9. Men’s / Women’s Wear Section 男/女装区 12. 非常相似
10. Section 运动服装区 13. look lively看起来活泼
11. Shoes and Section鞋帽区 14. catch one’s eye吸引某人的注意
12. on the first/third floor在一/三楼 15. a银项链
★SB 1. prepare for… 准备…… 16. …根据…
2. cotton pants with two big17. sth. on low 低温熨烫
有两个大口袋的棉质长裤 18. …干洗…
3. so that以便 ★SD 1. the first types of clothes
4. look more handsome 看起来更英俊 2. animal skins动物的皮毛
5. 中号 3. start to do sth. 开始做某事
6.由……组成 4. protect…from…保护…使之免受…的侵害be made from… 5. different materials 不同的材料
7.天然材料 6. different kinds of clothes 各种各样的衣服
毛料套裙 7. keep …warm 保暖
皮夹克衫 8. in modern在现代社会 10. feel satisfied with 对……感到满意 一个穿制服的人
11. do sth. immediately 立即做某事 10. a woman in a一个穿和服的妇女
12. take a 买一条大号的裙子 11. like doing exercise 喜欢锻炼 13. pay …for …付……买…… 随和，容易相处
(pay￥300 for a silk blouse) be active / lively 很积极/活跃，活泼 ★SC 1. on special days 在特殊的日子 13. as the saying goes 正如谚语/俗话所说
2. in fact 其实, 事实上，实际上
1. What a nice coat! (p77-1a) …… (p81-1a) 人们的衣着取决于他们的喜好。
（2）depend on 依靠、依赖
如：Our success depends on our hard work.我们的成功是依靠我们的努力工作取得的。
We depend on our parents for everything we need. 我们依靠父母供给我们所需要的一切。
(1) It’s said that… 据说…
(2) be made of 由……制成（看出原料）
be made from 由……制成（看不出原料）
be made in于某地制造
be made up of 由……组成
be made into 把……做成/加工成某产品
如：The table is made of wood.这张桌子是木头制成的。
Paper is made from wood. 纸是木材做成的。
The TV set is made in Japan. 这台电视机是日本产的。
The medical team is made up of ten doctors.这支医疗队由十位大夫组成。
Bamboo can be made into walking sticks and fishing rods. 竹子可以制成拐杖和钓鱼竿。 cold. 人们最初开始穿衣服是为了保护自己免遭日晒、风吹、雨打和寒冷的袭击。(p83-1a)
protect …from sth / doing sth 保护……免收……的侵害
如: Try to protect your skin from the sun in summer. 夏天尽量保护你的皮肤免受太阳暴晒。 但在现代社会，服装不仅仅用来保暖。
“You are what you wear.” 正如俗话所说的：“衣如其人”。 (p83-1a)
三、语法学习 ------ 目的状语从句和结果状语从句
1. 结果状语从句 ------ so (因此), so… that… (如此……以致……) , so that (以致, 结果) e.g. I like it so much that my father bought it for me. (p77-1a)
My coats are so short that I want to buy some new ones. (p77-1a)
Maria’s coat is so beautiful that she likes it very much. (p77-1b)
The cotton blouse is so expensive that the girl can’t afford it. (p77-1b)
The boy is so short that he can’t reach the apple. (p77-1b)
The windbreaker makes Michael look so handsome that he decides to buy it. (p80-1c)
Maria feels so satisfied with the leather jacket, so she will take it. (p80-1c)
The silk hat looks very beautiful so that Jane wants to buy it immediately. (p80-1c)
…the coolest pants are so expensive that he can’t afford them. (p80-1c)
The T-shirt is so bright that Kangkang looks lively. (p82-2)
A silk scarf caught her eye, so she bought it. (p82-3)
2. 目的状语从句 ------ so that (以便, 为了)
e.g. I want to buy a windbreaker so that I will look more handsome. (p79-1a)
People started to wear clothes so tha
t they could protect themselves from the sun ,wind, rain and cold. (p83-1a)
1. Do you have time tomorrow？(p77-1a)
--- Good idea! (p77-1a)--- All right. (p77-1a) (p78-3)
5. --- What would you like to buy？ --- I’d like… (p79-1a)
6. --- What size would you like?--- Size M. (p79-1a)
7. What style of dressing do you like best? (p81-1a)
Test on Unit 8 Topic 1 for Grade 8
1. The girl opened her h___________ and found a postcard with a British stamp on it.
2. This silk blouse is nicer than the c___________ one.
3. The s__________ around the girl’s neck(脖子) makes her more lovely and beautiful.
4. In winter, we have to wear g__________ to work in a cold place.
5. In modern s___________, clothes do more than keep us warm.
1. You need to ____________ (heat) the machine before using it.
2. This costume is made of __________ (nature) material.
3. Today ____________ (near) every family in our country has a TV set.
4. In _______________ (north) parts of America, people often wear warm clothes in winter.
5. As the old _____________ (say) goes, “Time waits for no man!”
1. The young man said he could not ___________ _________ (依靠) his parents all the time.
2. Different people wear different clothes on __________ __________ (特殊的日子).
3. There are some different shoes，__________ __________ (例如) sports shoes and boots here.
4. ____________ __________ (根据) the passage, this answer is wrong.
5. _________ __________ (据说) that the first type of clothes were made of animal skins.
6. 事实上)，English is as useful as other subjects.
8. A postcard_________ _______ ________(引起我的注意). It was a present from my grandfather.
9. The farmer grows flowers ________ _________ _________(除了……也) vegetables.
10. She wore a dress __________ ___________ (非常相似) to mine yesterday.
()1. Jim said the book ____ very interesting.
A. be B. is C. was D. are
()2. The two blouses don’t fit me well. They are ____ too big ____ too small.
A. both; and B. either; or C. not only; but also D. not; but
()3. There ____ a stamp collection show in the museum this afternoon.
A. is B. is going to have C. has D. is going to be
()4. The policeman asked the child ____ so that he could take him home.
A. where did he live B. where he lived C. how did he live D. how he lived
()5. The children were so excited that they could ____ speak.
A. nearly B. almost C. hardly D. usually
()6. The story _______!
A. sounds interested B. sounded interested
C. sounds interesting D. sound interesting
()7. Digital cameras are becoming more and more popular but some still______too much.
A. pay B. spend C. cost D. take
()8. Would you like______one for me?
A. choosing B. to choose C. choose D. chose
()9. China is an ____ country.
A. European B. Asian C. American D. African
()10. —Harbin is really a beautiful city and there’re many places of interest.
— So it is. Why not stay here for ____ two days?
A. other B. others C. another D. more
()11. —What’s the Chinese Tang costume made_______?
A. in; of B. of; of C. from; of D. of, from
()12. Could you tell me______?
A. where the bus station is B. where is the bus station
C. where the bus stationD. Where the bus station is
()13. —The weather is nice.
—______ go out for a picnic?
A. Why B. Why not C. Why do D. Let’s
()14. We use clothes to______ourselves______the bad weather.
A. protect; in B. protect; from C. protect; toD. protect; with
()15. Mr. Lee asked the students to stop______and______to him.
A. to talk; listen B. talk; listen C. talking; to listen D. talking; listening
()16. She wants to buy a cotton skirt like______for her father.
A. your B. mine C. my D. me
()17. Wash it in______ most 20℃ water.
A. at B. in C. on
()18. He will answer your questions______ you ask him.
A. because B. so C. if D. until
()19. Everything is ready, ______?
A. is it B. isn’t it C. was it D. wasn’t it
()20. Keep______, my brother. You’ll succeed.
A. trying B. to try C. try your bestD. trying my best
B: Could you tell me where the scarf is?
A: Sure, . B: Thank you. Wow, there are a lot of beautiful scarves here. C: Yes, they are all very beautiful. This blue one fits on you very well. . C: Yes, please. C: It’s twenty yuan on sale.
.Here is the money.
C: Thank you. Welcome back again.
I went to have a dinner party at the biggest hotel in my hometown today.
I was very busy, for dinner. Then I drove there as soon as I could.I got home and put on the clothes of all. After that, I returned again.
This time, everyone stood up at once to me and I had the best table and the best food. I got even than before. I took off my coat, put it in the food and said, “Please eat, my dear coat.” The other people were
Tom was a worker. He worked in a shop. One of his feet was bigger than . He couldn’t find the right shoes his feet. His friend Jim said to him,“Why not go toshoemaker （鞋匠）? A good shoemaker can make the 4 shoes 5 you.”Tom went to the shoemaker near Jim’s home. Very soon the shoemaker made him. Tom looked at the shoes and he wasn’t. He said to the shoemaker,“You aren’t a shoemaker! I want you than the other!”